A multifunction printer is a device that can print, scan, and copy documents. To maintain a multifunction printer, you should keep the printer cartridges full and clean the printer’s rollers and sensors. You should also keep the printer software up to date.
When refilling cartridge, always hold the cartridge upright and avoid getting any ink on your hands.
There are a variety of printer cartridges on the market, each designed for a specific type of printer. Some printer cartridges contain black or color ink, while others contain toner. Printer cartridges typically have a life span of several hundred pages, and can be refilled or replaced as needed. In addition, many printer cartridges come with a rebate offer.
- Open the refill kit and take out the ink bottle.
- Remove the cap from the ink bottle and insert the refill adapter.
- Turn the bottle upside down and squeeze the bottle until the adapter is full of ink.
- Replace the cap on the bottle and insert the ink bottle into the refill kit.
- Locate the black refill hole on the side of the cartridge and insert the refill needle.
- Pump the ink bottle 8-10 times until the cartridge is full.
- Remove the needle and replace the cap on the refill kit.
- Shake the cartridge vigorously for 10 seconds to spread the ink.
To clean the printer’s rollers:
It is important to keep the printer roller clean to ensure that the printed text or images are clear and legible. To clean the printer roller, use a lint-free cloth to wipe it down. If there is any built-up ink or dirt on the roller, you can use a cleaning solution to dissolve it. Be sure to allow the roller to dry completely before using the printer.
- Turn off the printer and unplug it from the power outlet.
- Open the printer cover and remove the printer cartridge.
- Gently pull out the roller cleaning sheet from the printer cartridge.
- Look for the roller cleaning brushes on the cleaning sheet and gently brush the roller surfaces with the brushes.
- Replace the printer cartridge and close the printer cover.
- Plug the printer in to the power outlet and turn it on.
To clean the printer’s sensor:
Printer sensor is used to detect the presence of paper in the printer. It sends a signal to the printer when it detects the paper. This helps the printer to know when to start and stop printing.
1.Turn the printer off and unplug it from the power source.
2.Open the printer and locate the sensor.
3.Use a cotton swab or a soft cloth to clean the sensor.
4.Replug the printer and turn it on.
Much like your computers operating system, printer software needs to be kept up to date to ensure compatibility and to fix any security vulnerabilities. Printer manufacturers typically release updates to their software a few times a year.
- Top 5 Best Samsung Multifunction Laser Printer
- Top 5 Best Canon Multifunction Printer
- Top 5 Best Multifunction Colour Laser Printer For Small Business
To keep your printer software up to date:
- Check the manufacturers website for updates periodically.
- Choose an automated update checker tool to keep your drivers up to date.
- Install updates as soon as they are available.